Everyone knows that alcohol, drugs and driving don’t mix. Yet drivers who are “under the influence” are still a major cause of accidents. To help ensure that drivers of commercial vehicles stay drug- and alcohol-free behind the wheel, the Federal Transportation Employee Testing Act requires motor carriers to establish rigorous drug and alcohol testing programs.
This “Drug and Alcohol Testing for CDL Drivers” course discusses this requirement and how it affects transportation employees…and reviews the testing process itself, what happens if a driver tests positive for a substance and how to get help for a drug or alcohol problem.
Topics covered in the courses include:
- DOT/FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Regulations
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Basics
- How Drug and Alcohol Tests are Conducted
- Removal and Return-to-Duty
- Substance Abuse: Getting Help
- … and more